Tax Rates and Fees

Man holding money running away from a tax bill

Sales Tax:

The sales tax rate is the Tennessee state tax rate (7%), the city rate (2.75%), for a total of 9.75%.  Please refer to the Tennessee website for more sales taxes information.

Tennessee has a statewide sales tax rate of 7%, which has been in place since 1947.

Municipal governments in Tennessee are also allowed to collect a local-option sales tax that ranges from 1.5% to 2.75% across the state, with an average local tax of 2.547% (for a total of 9.547% when combined with the state sales tax). The maximum local tax rate allowed by Tennessee law is 2.75%. You can lookup Tennessee city and county sales tax rates here.

This page provides an overview of the sales tax rates and laws in Tennessee. If you are a business owner and need to learn more about things like getting a sales tax permitfiling a sales tax return, or making tax-exempt purchases for resale see the Tennessee Sales Tax.


City and County Property Tax:

Tennessee has some of the lowest property taxes in the U.S. The median annual property tax paid by homeowners in Tennessee is $1,220, about half the national average. The average effective property tax rate in Tennessee is 0.64%.

Linden & Perry County Property Tax:

Perry County: $2.4800
Linden: $0.5032
TOTAL: $2.9832

There is a full page of information for the County on their website for the County Tax Assessor's Office:  COUNTY TAX ASSESSOR

    • Property Assessment State Website:
Choose Perry County, enter the necessary data, and you will be able to view the latest assessment.

    • The State of Tennessee provides a vast amount of information available on its website:

    • Division of Property Assessments: 

    • Home page for the Tennessee Comptroller of the Treasury:

    • Of special interest might be the Greenbelt program.  Here is a link to the latest publication from Tennessee:

pdfgreenbelthandbook.pdf27.49 MB

Property Tax Relief

Tennessee state law provides for property tax relief for low-income elderly and disabled homeowners, as well as disabled veteran homeowners or their surviving spouses. This is a state program funded by appropriations authorized by the General Assembly. Tax collecting officials, including county trustees, receive applications from taxpayers who may qualify. The Tax Relief section processes these applications and determines eligibility for the program. Each year over 100,000 individuals receive benefits from this $41,000,000 plus program.

People who are eligible for property tax relief in Tennessee

Make your voice be heard!


Linden City Hall
216 E. Main St.
P.O. Box 26
Linden TN 37096.


Hours: 7:00 am to 4:30 pm
(931) 589-2736

Smart Search of Site

Utilities Emergency.

After hours utilities emergency:
(931) 589-3900